Who we are
Evangate Financial Services Limited are Commercial Finance Brokers based in 14 Wellhead Close, South Queensferry, Scotland, EH30 9WA. We act as a broker for our customers.
Evangate are a Broker, Not a lender
How we will use the information about you
- Here at Evangate Financial Services Limited we take your privacy seriously and will use your personal information in several ways which will help us; 1. make lender decisions, 2. for fraud prevention,3. for audit, 4. for statistical analysis, 5. credit reference checks
- We may share your information with, and obtain information about you from, credit reference agencies or fraud prevention agencies. Information you provided may be put onto a register of claims and shared with other insurers to prevent fraudulent claims.
- We will not disclose your information to any company outside of our panel of funders and other brokers except to help prevent fraud or if required by law to do so. You can contact Evangate Financial Services Limited for more information on who the funders and brokers are.
- For further information on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information and your rights to access/alter and change information we hold on you, please contact email@example.com.
However, from time to time we may like to contact you with detail of other products, offers and services we provide or which we deem of interest.
Your Personal Data:
What we need
Evangate Financial Services Limited will be what is known as the ‘controller’ and the ‘processer’ of the personal data you provide to us. We collect personal data about you which may also include any special types of information or location-based information.
We also gather
Company information, Company advisor details, Credit history, Financial statements, Existing lending, future plans, property details, name, address, DOB, phone numbers, email and ID
Why we need it
- We need to know your basic personal data to provide you with an accurate recommendation for your personal circumstances. We will not collect any personal data from you we do not need to provide and oversee this service to you.
- For processing of data to be lawful under GDPR Evangate Financial Services Limited use;
- Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract you have with the individual, or because they have asked you to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
- Evangate Financial Services Limited are Credit brokers and as such are required to process your data for the performance and to take steps to enter into a contract with funders.
- Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for you to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
- We may have a legal obligation to process your data which may supersede any rights under the Data Protection Act 2018
What we do with it
- Automated Decision Making: Evangate Financial Services Limited will pass your data captured to funders whom may use automated decision-making in respect of your application for finance. We will only collect the minimum amount of data needed and have a clear retention policy for the profiles we create.
- You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or any significant affects. You can request human intervention and challenge a decision made this way by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All the personal data we use is controlled by Evangate Financial Services Limited in the UK, however, for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance, this information is located on servers within the European Union. No 3rd parties have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so. We have a Data Protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data. More information on this framework can be found by contact us at email@example.com.
- Your data is stored electronically on our cloud encrypted server. Our server is based in the UK
How long we keep it
We keep your basic personal data, such as name, address, contact details – list all personal data for a minimum of 6 years, after which time it will be destroyed. The information used for marketing will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
What are your rights?
- If at any point you believe retained information is incorrect you can request to see this information and even have it corrected and possibly deleted. Providing you with this information is free of charge, but charges may apply for excessive requests.
- If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Director who will investigate the matter.
- Where relevant, you have the right to withdraw consent and object at any time and this means that we cannot process your data provided without your consent.
- More information about your rights can be found on the Information Commissioners website. https://ico.org.uk/
- If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).